Queen Ariana is the main antagonist in Barbie as The Island Princess. Her main goal was to marry her daughter, Princess Luciana to Prince Antonio, the heir to the throne of Apollonia. However, when a long-shipwrecked girl named Ro arrives and falls in love with him, he corresponds to her feelings. Not long after, Queen Ariana's true nature was exposed just as her plot of manipulating Princess Luciana in order to rule instead of her.
She was defeated by Ro herself (with the help of Tika) and was thrown to a pig farm once more, much to her disgust. She was later banished from Apollonia for treason.
- "This wicked Queen wants her daughter Luciana to marry Prince Antonio. She'll do anything necessary to keep Rosella and the Prince apart!" - Official description
When Ariana was young, her family plotted to kill the previous King and Queen of Apollonia (the parents of either King Peter or Queen Danielle), but their plot failed and they ended up having their lands confiscated and were banished to a pig farm. The life working with pigs caused her to develop a hatred towards the animals.
Eventually, Ariana ran away and concealed her past from anyone she encountered. Plotting her comeback, she wed herself to the oldest king (who also had a weak heart) she could find. According to her, they were wed on a Sunday and he died on three days later on Wednesday, much to her delight. She managed to conceive a daughter, Luciana, before her husband's death.
After learning the birth of King Peter's son Prince Antonio, she realized she could gain her revenge by arranging a marriage between the prince and her daughter, and so she put her daughter through a strict training routine so she would turn out to the perfect bride for Prince Antonio.
Ariana is a stout woman with light skin, red hair, and blue eyes. Her hair is styled in a Rococo-like hairdo. She wears a red dress with a bit of white that has a bow at the back. She wears purple eyeshadow. She also has a mole on the right side of her nose.
Ariana is very pushy. She judges Ro a lot. She doesn't seem to have a very good relationship with Luciana as she always manipulates her into doing what she wants, and Ariana appears to enjoy doing this. She is very dominating and always goes there where she finds her profit. She was also vain and selfish towards Rosella.
- "Love? I certainly didn't love your father when I married him."
- She is very similar to Dame Devin, since both plan to overthrow the rulers of their kingdom and take their place on the throne for what the rulers did to them. Dame Devin killed Queen Isabella for not picking her to be her Lady Royal, and Ariana tried to kill King Peter and Queen Danielle for what they did to her family. Also, they both have daughters. Ariana has Luciana, and Dame Devin has Delancy.
- She is also similar to Caligo as both of them used their children in the same way.
- Characters that look similar to her can be seen in two Barbie movies: in Barbie & The Diamond Castle and Barbie A Fashion Fairytale. The first being a waitress at the inn, called Bertha, and in the second movie, she plays an actress who is starring in "The Princess and the Pea" with Barbie.
- At the end of Barbie The Princess & the Popstar, Crider wears the same hairstyle she has, but it is blonde with blue ribbons.
- In the video game adaptation, Queen Ariana does not appear in the video game but she was mentioned by Princess Luciana.
|Barbie as The Island Princess|
Quote: "There may be miracles awaiting. They may be closer than we know. When we have love to guide us as we go"
Characters: Azul | King Peter | Nat, Pat, and Matt | Pearl | Prince Antonio | Princess Gina | Princess Luciana | Princess Rita | Princess Rosella | Princess Sofia | Queen Ariana | Queen Danielle | Queen Marissa | Sagi | Tallulah | Tika | Tiny
Songs: "A Brand New Shore" | "Always More" | "At The Ball" | "Here On My Island" | "I Need to Know" | "I Need To Know (Pop Version)" | "Love Is For Peasants" | "Right Here In My Arms" | "Right Here In My Arms: Greenhouse" | "Right Here In My Arms: Reunion" | "The Rat Song" | "When We Have Love"