Princess Sophia, also known as Blair Willows, is the main protagonist in Barbie: Princess Charm School. Her parents are the late Queen Isabella and King Reginald. She is played by Barbie and is voiced by Diana Kaarina.
Sophia, the princess of Gardania, is the daughter of Queen Isabella and King Reginald. However, after a car accident (set up by Dame Devin) that kills her parents, baby Sophia was brought to Miss Willows by the royal dog. Now, Sophia is known as Blair Willows, a regular girl who lives in a slum of the kingdom of Gardania. She works as a café waitress to earn her family money. She lives with her adoptive mother, who is ill, and her adopted sister, Emily, who loves watching the annual Princess Procession, a televised event where princesses and Lady Royals (princesses' advisers) from different kingdoms arrive in Gardania to attend Princess Charm School. Princess Charm School's aim is to teach princesses and lady royals how to fulfill their princess potential. Every year, there is a lottery in which a commoner's name is chosen and if they graduate, they can be chosen as a Lady Royal.
After Emily enters Blair's name several times in the lottery, her name is picked out and almost immediately, Blair is taken to Princess Charm School. She meets a dog named Prince who seems to recognize her somehow, and she is given a tour by Headmistress Privet. Later, Blair receives her school uniform from a sprite named Grace, who is her personal assistant. She bumps into Delancy, the future princess of Gardania, who acts mean towards Blair because she doesn't think Blair deserves to be at the school because she is a commoner.
Blair also meets two princesses, Isla and Hadley, who become her friends. They support her even when Delancy and her mother, Dame Devin, are rude to Blair. During a dance lesson, Blair pairs up with a prince named Nicholas, and the two get along well. During another lesson, Dame Devin notices that Blair resembles the queen, who was killed in the car crash with the King and recognizes her as Queen Isabella's daughter, Princess Sophia (who was already suspected to still be alive). She is shocked and from that day onwards, she tries everything she can to get Blair kicked out of school. When looking through the palace one day, Blair and her friends make a connection between the date of the car crash and the date Blair was left on her adoptive mother's doorstep and they realize that Blair is the lost princess of Gardania. Delancy overhears them and realizes that her mother is plotting something bad.
Later on, they have manners lessons, and Dame Devin announces plans for her daughter to clear the slum area in Gardania and make way for skyscrapers and parks. Blair is horrified by this and argues that she is one of those people living in the slums and they would not be able to find a place to stay. Dame Devin then tells her to leave so that she could pack up with her family and move someplace else. Upset, she leaves. But she changes her mind and is determined to prove that she is the rightful heir.
Blair and her friends need to find Gardania's magical crown in order to prove she is the lost princess, because the crown will light upon her head if she is the true heir. Unfortunately, Dame Devin frames them for stealing her jewelry, and they are banned from attending the coronation, where they will be crowned and graduate. Luckily, Delancy offers to help them because she doesn't want her mother to do anything bad to Gardenia when she is crowned and gives them a map that will lead them to the crown.
While searching in the palace where Dame Devin and Delancy live, they are caught and Dame Devin plans to leave them trapped through the coronation so that they would miss being crowned. They need a code to get out of the basement they are trapped in, so Blair hooks up her phone to the keypad at the door. Isla remembers the notes played when Dame Devin keyed in the code and figures out which buttons to press. Delancy tries to buy the girls some time and thankfully, Blair arrives just in time to stop Delancy from being crowned. Delancy gives her the crown. Blair is crowned and it lights up because she is the rightful heir and her uniform is transformed into a dazzling gown.
Dame Devin, out of anger towards Delancy's actions, accidentally admits that she had killed the queen and king so that Delancy could rule one day, and before she could cover up her mistake, she is taken away by the royal guards.
Blair gives a speech to her new subjects and picks a Lady Royal - Delancy. When Delancy asks why she had been picked since she had been treating Blair horribly, Blair explains that she would not have been crowned without her help. Delancy is then crowned Lady Royal of Gardania. At the graduation party, Blair meets Nicholas again and the two dance together. Isla becomes the DJ for the party, and Sophia's mother and sister arrive at the party and they are told that they would be living in the palace with Blair.
Blair is a 17-year-old teenage girl with pale skin, ocean blue eyes, shoulder-length light blonde hair and deep pink heart-shaped lips.
For work, Blair had her hair in a bun tied with a pink ribbon. She wears a white blouse with short puffed sleeves, a dark green half-apron, a knee-length magenta skirt, white ankle frilly socks and pink pumps.
Official School Uniform
Blair wears a white collared shirt with short puffed sleeves and a light pink and magenta plaid tie, a royal blue waistcoat with gold buttons and gold pockets on the waist, and the school badge on the chest, a pink knee length pleated hem skirt, white knee high socks and pink pumps.
She wears a very small silver training tiara with pointed edges lined and diamonds.
When Blair was taking special classes with Miss Privet during the training montage song On Top of the World, she wore a magenta gown with white gloves. She also wears magenta open-toed sandals with heels. Princess Victoria from Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar also wore the same exact dress, but light blue.
Blair's new uniform is a white shirt, a royal blue tie and a pink short sleeved jacket with a plaid pattern on the collar. It has gold buttons, and gold pockets on the waist. She also wore a gold belt, a pink skirt with pink mesh at the hem, pink knee high socks, and pink ankle-strap heels. Her hair remains the same style.
On the day of graduation and the Coronation Ceremony, Blair graduates and becomes her true identity Princess Sophia. She transforms and wears a hot pink gown with a jewelled patterned bodice and a gold and hot pink bow on the skirt. She wears a gold necklace with a pink jewel heart which has a gold crown on it, and pink open-toed sandals with gold bows and heels. She completes the look with Gardania's Magical Crown.
Blair is a very kind, sweet, clever and hardworking girl, as she is shown working at Café Gardania. She has a lovely and caring personality and believes that people cannot make you feel inferior unless you think so. Despite the fact that she is a teenager, she takes good care of her ill mom and her sister. She has a great sense of humor as seen when she tries to top Prince Nicholas in speaking politely. She is a little shy and isn't overconfident. She was a bit clumsy at first, but with help from Miss Privet, she became graceful and elegant. She is also very intelligent, learning things very quickly, and even remembering her true identity Princess Sophia.
- "I'm like a burp in a symphony."
- "Sure, I can do anything she can do."
- '"No one can make you feel inferior. Not without your consent."
- (to Prince Nicholas) "I, kind swain, am Blair, maiden of Gardania, honored above all to be welcomed into your swaininess."
- (to Dame Devin) "How? They're like me. They don't have money. They can't just pick up and move."
- "I am making a claim to the throne because I am Princess Sophia, daughter of Queen Isabella."
- "Hello. I'm just a regular girl, but I think Miss Privet is right when she said every girl has princess potential. It is an honor to be your princess.
- "It would be an incredible privilege if my Lady Royal could be Delancy."
- (Delancy: "But...Blair why me? I was horrible to you.) I wouldn't be wearing this crown without your help. Will you accept? (Delancy: I would be honored, Your Highness.)
- "There's a princess in every girl."
- She's one of the five princesses to be initially unaware of her royal identity. The other four include Rapunzel, Rosella, Merliah and Lumina. However, unlike the other four princesses, Blair ultimately never got to meet her biological parents, because they both died when she was just a baby. Blair has many similarities with Princess Rosella, because they are unaware of their princess status, and they adapt to their new environments, constantly being judged by Dame Devin and Queen Ariana respectively. They are both supported by their respective enemy's daughters (Luciana and Delancy), and they both have a Prince as a love interest (Prince Nicholas and Prince Antonio respectively). Blair has an adopted family like Lumina. She and Lumina were unaware of being a princess at first and they had at least one relative as an antagonist.
- Her biological mother was Queen Isabella. In the 12 Dancing Princesses, there was also a deceased queen named Isabella. They each had a daughter named Blair.
- During "On Top of the World", Princess Sophia wore a long magenta dress. Princess Victoria wore the same dress in Barbie The Princess & the Popstar. Seymour Crider wore the same dress as well, only it was light blue.
|Barbie Princess Charm School|
Quote: "There's a princess in every girl."
Characters: Alexandra Privet | Blair Willows | Brock | Caprice | Dame Devin | Delancy Devin | Emily | Grace | Harmony | Josette | King Reginald | Lorraine | Blair and Emily's Mom | Prince | Prince Nicholas | Princess Hadley | Princess Isla | Princess Miranda | Princess Portia | Princess Charm School Students | Queen Isabella | Queen Isabella's Lady Royal | Royal Judge | Sprites | Wickellia
Object: Gardania's Magical Crown