Princess Sophia, also known as Blair Willows, is the main protagonist in Barbie: Princess Charm School. Her parents are the late Queen Isabella and King Reginald. She is played by Barbie and is voiced by Diana Kaarina.
Born Sophia, the princess of Gardania, she was the daughter of Queen Isabella and King Reginald. However, after a car accident that killed her parents, baby Sophia was brought to Miss Willows by the royal dog. Not knowing her actual identity, Miss Willows called Sophia Blair Willows, a regular girl who lived in a slum of the kingdom of Gardania. She worked as a café waitress to earn her family money (especially since Miss Willows was very ill). Alongside her ill adoptive mother, Blair lived with her adopted sister, Emily, who loved watching the annual Princess Procession, a televised event where princesses and Lady Royals (princesses' advisers) from different kingdoms arrive in Gardania to attend Princess Charm School (which aims to teach princesses and lady royals how to fulfil their princess potential and every year, there is a lottery in which a commoner's name is chosen and if they graduate, they can be chosen as a Lady Royal).
After Emily entered Blair's name several times in the lottery, her name was picked out and almost immediately, Blair was taken to Princess Charm School. She met a dog named Prince who seemed to recognize her somehow, and she was given a tour by Headmistress Privet. Later, Blair received her school uniform from a sprite named Grace, her personal assistant. She bumped into Delancy, the future princess of Gardania, who acted mean towards Blair because she didn't think Blair deserved to be at the school as she was just a commoner.
Later in the school, Blair met two princesses, Isla and Hadley, who became her friends. During a lesson in keeping poise, Blair accidently knocked over the other girls. While Dame Devin was scolding her, she stopped for a moment in surprise (which was actually because Blair looked very similar to her late mother, Queen Isabella and she realised that Blair was actually Princess Sophia). After being further humiliated in the cafeteria, Blair was offered by Privet to be tutored so as to give her a fair chance at the school (which she was able to do well at) and attended a dance lesson with Prince Charming Academy's students, amongst them being a prince named Nicholas whom Blair got on well with.
Following a spa session, Blair, Hadley and Isla returned to their room to find their uniforms destroyed. Thankfully, Blair was able to make new ones out of them. When looking through the palace one day, Blair and her friends saw a painting of Queen Isabella who bore an uncanny resemblance to Blair when she was young. This led to Hadley and Isla realizing that Blair was actually Princess Sophia (which Delancy secretly overhead). Later on, during a manners lessons, Dame Devin claimed that Delancy had intents on clearing the slum area in Gardania and make way for skyscrapers and parks. Blair was horrified by this and argued that she was one of those people living in the slums and they would not be able to find another place to stay, only to be told by Dame Devin to leave so that she could pack up with her family and move someplace else. Being upset by that, she decided to leave the school, but soon changed her mind after Prince showed her the drawing of her being found by her adoptive mother and was determined to prove that she is the rightful heir.
Blair made a plan for her and her friends need to find Gardania's magical crown in order to prove she is the lost princess, because the crown will light up if it is placed on the true heir. Unfortunately, Dame Devin framed them for stealing her jewelry and they were banned from attending the coronation, where they would be crowned and graduate. Luckily, Delancy offered to help them because she didn't want her mother to do anything bad to Gardenia when Delancy was crowned and gave them a map that would lead them to the crown.
Once Blair and the others were able to get to the vault, get inside and then find the crown, they were caught by Dame Devin who planned to leave them trapped through the coronation so that they would miss being crowned. Blair, Hadley and Isla tried relentlessly to escape until the vault's power supply was exposed and they were able to use the keypad in Blair's phone to release them. While Delancy tried to buy the girls some time, Blair was able to arrive just in time and claimed herself as being Princess Sophia. After a fight over the crown ended up with Delancy holding it, she gave Blair the crown and revealed herself as actually being the princess. Dame Devin (out of anger towards Delancy's actions) accidentally admitted that she had killed Isabella so that Delancy could rule one day, which ended up with her being arrested by the royal guards.
After Blair gave a speech to her new subjects, she decided to have Delancy as her Lady Royal as gratitude for helping her get to where she was (which Delancy accepted). At the graduation party, Blair met Nicholas again and reunited with her mother and Emily, whom she told that they would be living in the palace with Blair.
Blair is a teenage girl with pale skin, ocean blue eyes, shoulder-length light blonde hair, and deep pink heart-shaped lips.
For work, Blair had her hair in a bun tied with a pink ribbon. She wears a white blouse with short puffed sleeves, a dark green half-apron, a knee-length magenta skirt, white ankle frilly socks, and pink pumps.
Official School Uniform
Blair wears a white collared shirt with short puffed sleeves and a light pink and magenta plaid tie, a royal blue waistcoat with gold buttons and gold pockets on the waist, and the school badge on the chest, a pink knee-length pleated hem skirt, white knee-high socks, and pink pumps.
She wears a very small silver training tiara with pointed edges lined and diamonds.
When Blair was taking special classes with Miss Privet during the training montage song On Top of the World, she wore a magenta gown with white gloves. She also wears magenta open-toed sandals with heels. Princess Victoria from Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar also wore the same exact dress.
Blair's new uniform is a white shirt, a royal blue tie, and a pink short-sleeved jacket with a plaid pattern on the collar. It has gold buttons and gold pockets on the waist. She also wore a gold belt, a pink skirt with pink mesh at the hem, pink knee-high socks, and pink ankle-strap heels. Her hair remains the same style.
On the day of graduation and the Coronation Ceremony, Blair graduates and becomes her true identity Princess Sophia. She transforms and wears a hot pink gown with a jeweled patterned bodice and a gold and hot pink bow on the skirt. She wears a gold necklace with a pink jewel heart which has a gold crown on it, and pink open-toed sandals with gold bows and heels. She completes the look with Gardania's Magical Crown.
Blair is a very kind, sweet, clever and hardworking girl, as she is shown working at Café Gardania. She has a lovely and caring personality and believes that people cannot make you feel inferior unless you think so. Despite the fact that she is a teenager, she takes good care of her ill mom and her sister. She has a great sense of humor as seen when she tries to top Prince Nicholas in speaking politely. She is a little shy and isn't overconfident, but also very determined to do what she think is right. She was a bit clumsy at first, but with help from Miss Privet, she became graceful and elegant. She is also very intelligent, learning things very quickly, and even remembering her true identity Princess Sophia.
- "I'm like a burp in a symphony."
- "Sure, I can do anything she can do."
- "No one can make you feel inferior. Not without your consent."
- (to Prince Nicholas) "I, kind swain, am Blair, maiden of Gardania, honored above all to be welcomed into your swaininess."
- (to Dame Devin) "How? They're like me. They don't have money. They can't just pick up and move."
- "I am making a claim to the throne because I am Princess Sophia, daughter of Queen Isabella."
- "Hello. I'm just a regular girl, but I think Miss Privet is right when she said every girl has princess potential. It is an honor to be your princess.
- "It would be an incredible privilege if my Lady Royal could be Delancy."
- (Delancy: "But...Blair why me? I was horrible to you.) I wouldn't be wearing this crown without your help. Will you accept? (Delancy: I would be honored, Your Highness.)
- "There's a princess in every girl."
- She's one of the five princesses to be initially unaware of her royal identity. The other four include Rapunzel, Rosella, Merliah and Lumina. However, unlike the other four princesses, Blair ultimately never got to meet her biological parents, because they both died when she was just a baby. Blair has many similarities with Princess Rosella, because they are unaware of their princess status, and they adapt to their new environments, constantly being judged by Dame Devin and Queen Ariana respectively. They are both supported by their respective enemy's daughters (Luciana and Delancy), and they both have a Prince as a love interest (Prince Nicholas and Prince Antonio respectively). Blair has an adopted family like Lumina. She and Lumina were unaware of being a princess at first and they had at least one relative as an antagonist.
- Her biological mother was Queen Isabella. In the 12 Dancing Princesses, there was also a deceased queen named Isabella. They each had a daughter named Blair.
- During "On Top of the World", Princess Sophia wore a long magenta dress. Princess Victoria wore the same dress in Barbie The Princess & the Popstar. Seymour Crider wore the same dress as well, only it was light blue.
- In the movie, Blair states that her birthday is on April 26th because since Miss Willows when she adopted her didn't know her real birth date so Miss Willows made it April 26th.
|Barbie Princess Charm School|
Quote: "There's a princess in every girl."
Characters: Alexandra Privet | Blair Willows | Brock | Caprice | Dame Devin | Delancy Devin | Emily | Grace | Harmony | Josette | King Reginald | Lorraine | Blair and Emily's Mom | Prince | Prince Nicholas | Princess Hadley | Princess Isla | Princess Miranda | Princess Portia | Princess Charm School Students | Queen Isabella | Queen Isabella's Lady Royal | Royal Judge | Sprites | Wickellia
Object: Gardania's Magical Crown