Fairies can be born wingless like Elina, who despite was born without wings, was still a fairy. The rainbow can reveal itself in their eyes also, when they're destined to considerable feats. There are small fairies called "Pixies" who is smaller than fairies but they still possesses the standard powers of them, yet vulnerable to the extremely winds caused by their fellow bigger fairies towards them. Fairies range widely in color and they can have hair colors a human would not have, like Laverna's green hair. Dryads resembles fairies but they are another species. Some fairies can fly with their own hair like Shimmer and it is speculated if she cut her hair she is supposed to grow wings, and they are endless in colors and shapes, however it tends to show off what type of fairy they are, like Lumina's moon-shaped wings.They can change their wings, although. Fairies can also be tattoed with the Courage Crest on their arms if they reach the Depths of Despair. However, if they revert back to fairies, the Courage Crest disappears on them.
The Guardians of Fairytopia are extremely powerful seven fairies whose task is to protect the seven regions of Fairytopia from the forces of evil. They're close to their queen, Enchantress and thanks to their magical necklaces given by herself, they're nearly invencible, however they still were vulnerable to Laverna's dark magic and minions.
Powers and Abilities
There are many types of fairies like Flower fairies as Elina, Sparkle fairies as Sunburst, Moon fairies as Lumina and Oreads like Linden and each of them has skills in common, except for some. Fairies can turn themselves into mermaids by going to the Depths of Despair. They can revert back to fairies by eating the True Self berry.
- Photokinesis: As seen in Water Magic, fairies are able to break light apart from water. This is also called "Luminescence".
- Water Magic: They are able to shape water.
- Precognition: Moon fairies like Lumina are able to see the future and what was about to happen, despite Lumina being very unskilled at it.
- Zoolingualism: Oread fairies are able to talk with animals and understand them.
- Puffball Comprehension: Fairies of all types are able to understand the language of puffballs.
- Water: Despite being able to perform Water Magic, Sparkle fairies are vulnerable to water as it can deprive them temporarily of their powers.