|“||This is our story, what's yours?||”|
Barbie: Star Light Adventure is the 33rd CGI-animated Barbie movie that was released on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy in 2016. The soundtrack was originally released on August 26th, 2016.
"JOIN BARBIE ON AN OUT OF THIS WORLD ADVENTURE!
Barbie is a cosmic princess who flies high on her hoverboard through a far-off universe with her adorable and devoted pet sidekick, Pupcorn. One day, everything changes when the twinkling stars start to dim and slow their dance in the sky. Barbie travels to a beautiful new planet to join a special rescue team on a mission to save the stars. Once there, she teams up with a group of talented new friends who work together to save the galaxy through exciting hoverboarding adventures. Barbie soon discovers that if she listens to her heart, and with the help of her friends, she might be the leader the whole universe has been waiting for!"
Starring the Voices of
- Erica Lindbeck as Barbie
- Robbie Daymond as Prince Leo
- Kimberly Woods as Sal-Lee
- Sarah Anne Williams as Sheena, Kareena, and the sprites
- Michael Chandler as Barbie's Dad
- Dwight Schultz as King Constantine
- Ben Bledsoe as Artemis
- Jonathan Lipow as the starlian
- Lucien Dodge as Pupcorn
- Laura Post as the narrator
The movie opens with the narrator telling about the prophecy that showed how the galaxy will have no more light as the stars slowed down their dance. All are worried as this prophecy might come true. A wise king named King Constanine, sends a message for young people who can volunteer to help him restore the stars.
Not far away from the kingdom, a teenage girl, Barbie lives in a modern tree house with her father and pet, Pupcorn. It was Barbie's mother's wish that her daughter would grow up in a beautiful and peaceful place like Para-Den. She died when Barbie was little but she left behind a locket with the song she used to sing to Barbie when she was scared. While exploring the lush-green forests, Barbie's hover board crashes, and she fixes it. She then does her training, distracted during it. By dinner, a message arrives, stating that King Constantine wants volunteers to help him restore the stars. When her father tells her the volunteer he wants is Barbie, she thinks she can not do it.
After dinner, Barbie and Pupcorn look at the night sky while her father tells her about her mother calling her "Little Starlight" and gives her an advice to listen to your heart. Barbie is still in doubt, but then listens to the song and then decides to go and help the king.
The next morning, her father dropped Barbie to the place and gave her her bag with some important things and Pupcorn inside and also a new pink hover board. On her way, she runs into Prince Leo. He picks up her bag while they disappear and are teleported straight in their rooms. When she and Pupcorn are in the bedroom, some tiny girls inform her where she is and how to get to the ball room for the event. In the evening, she opens her bag to find a beautiful dress and a letter her father kept in. She reads the letter, and finds out it was her mother's dress. She wears it only to find out it was too big. The dress fits automatically to her size.
Although Barbie was running late and wasn't allowed to run, she had no other choice but to run as fast as she could to be there on time. Artemis had been announcing the names, including Barbie. As she arrives everybody was waiting for her to appear. Barbie hesitates at first, but then is pushed forward and walks with pride and bows to the king. In the ball room, Barbie befriends some other members of the same team: Prince Leo,(known as he Fly-boy and only Boy of the team), Sheena, Kareena and Sal-Lee.
Sal-Lee takes Leo to dance, only to go away as he couldn't dance to the beat and stepped on her feet. Barbie notices and tells him how to be on the beat. Barbie unknowingly changes the boring song playing then, only to the king's disappointment. He gets mad at her for changing the rules. She had a conversation with her father telling him she thinks that the king hates her. Her father encourages her.
She goes for training and meets Sal lee. When the sun rises Barbie realizes that she overslept by not hearing her alarm clock and again arrives late for the training on her first day. The first part of the training tests defence reflexes and it stars Barbie v/s Prince Leo. Barbie shows exceptional performance and Leo is asked to sit out. The next part of the test is reaching the destination and completing the race on the hover board.
The next day, King Constantine sends Sheena and Kareena on one final test with Barbie, Sal-Lee and Leo. They travel to a planet in the more desolate reaches of the galaxy to search for a Starlian. They find the last known location of the Starlian and Sheena and Kareena suggest using Leo as the bait. The team creates a song to lure the Starlian into a trap. Barbie frees the Starlian, thinking that the king wants to keep it in his zoo where it wouldn't be able to survive. The King dismissed Barbie out of the team and informs the team that they need the Starlian because they need it to protect them from magnetic storms on their way to the centre of the galaxy.
After protesting and fearing that the King had not mentioned it, Sheena and Kareena try to persuade the king to change his mind, but he dismisses them for the evening. Sal-Lee tells the king that Barbie is a leader and makes the team a real team. The king disagrees, then takes Barbie back in the team as she showed up with a Starlian. The whole team sits down on a couch, being nervous about the Mission Day. Leo finds a guitar and starts playing a song to lighten the mood but offers Barbie to play something. She sings the song that her mother always sung to her when she was afraid and soon her friends join her too.
On the central planet, Sheena and Kareena use their powers to take everyone down closer to the centre of the planet. They find the heart of the galaxy, and after the Stat-o-Tron fails, Barbie dances and uses her powers to reset the stars and then the magnetic storms clear.
Sheena, Kareena, Sal-Lee, Prince Leo and Barbie, now crowned as Princess Starlight for her achievements celebrate their victory when Babie's father appears there and is very proud of his daughter. The movie closes with the king now not being mad at Barbie and dancing along with the rest of the team.
The songs in the movie are:
- "This Feeling Is Everything"
- "Shooting Star"
- "Starlian Song"
- "Boring Ball Remix"
- "Shooting Star (Acoustic Reprise)"
- "Let Your Hair Down"
The official soundtrack was released on August 26, 2016.
Barbie: Star Light Adventure was shown in selected movie theaters on July 30, 2016, at 10:00 by Fathom Events, Mattel and Women's Forum. Also, as part of the August Kidtoons Program at Showcase Cinema de Lux, the movie was shown in cinemas on August 20th & 21st at 10:30 am.
DVD and Blu-ray
The bonus features are:
- "Firefly" Music Video
- "Firefly" Lyric Video
- "Shooting Star" Music Video
- "Shooting Star" Lyric Video
- Barbie Dreamtopia "Wispy Forest"
- Barbie Dreamtopia "Rainbow Cove"
- For a limited time, the Barbie Dreamtopia movie was included on DVD releases.
- Chapter 1 [6:35]
- Chapter 2 [8:09]
- Chapter 3 [5:07]
- Chapter 4 [8:43]
- Chapter 5 [6:00]
- Chapter 6 [4:11]
- Chapter 7 [8:00]
- Chapter 8 [5:46]
- Chapter 9 [8:59]
- Chapter 10 [5:30]
- Chapter 11 [6:09]
- Chapter 12 [6:07]
- In the film, Barbie plays her guitar both right-handed and left-handed. This could mean she is ambidextrous or it could simply be an animation error. Even if she can play left-handed, she would have to re-string her guitar to avoid playing backwards.
- The ballroom scene at the welcome ceremony uses "Waltz of the Flowers" from the Nutcracker ballet.
- This is the second Barbie film to not have any kind of antagonist or villain, though Barbie has a strained relationship with King Constantine. The first film was Barbie: A Perfect Christmas.
- This movie has the same quote as Barbie Spy Squad & Barbie & Her Sisters in A Puppy Chase.
- This is the only movie to not use voice actors from Vancouver. All of the voice talent in this movie hales from Los Angeles, California.
- The final Song Let your Hair Down can be heard again in Barbie & Her Sisters in A Puppy Chase while the girls are driving in circles to search for their puppies.
- When Barbie bring back the stars to shine and dance again, her space outfit is seen transformed into a sparkly gown and her hair is in a high ponytail. But when her friends congrats her she was seen to wear her space outfit again and her hair is in a braid. This might be an animation error.
- When Sal-Lee said "nice pink streak" to Barbie, she said "it's back." Though, it's unknown why her pink streak disappeared briefly.
- Sal-Lee has magenta hair, but when her hair is loose it was seen as violet curly hair.
Also Known As
- Arabic - باربي في مغامرات متلألئة
- Albanian - Barbie: Aventurë në Hapësirë
- Castilian Spanish - Barbie: Aventura en el Espacio
- Czech - Barbie ve Hvězdách
- French - Barbie: Aventure dans les étoiles
- German - Barbie in Das Sternenlicht-Abenteuer
- Hungarian - Barbie: Csillagok között
- Italian - Barbie: Avventura Stellare
- Latin Spanish - Barbie en una Aventura Espacial
- Polish - Barbie Gwiezdna Przygoda
- Brazilian Portuguese - Barbie: Aventura nas Estrelas
- Portuguese - Barbie em uma Aventura nas Estrelas
- Romanian - Barbie in Aventura Spatiala
- Russian - Барби: Космическое приключение
- Swedish - Barbie: På äventyr i rymden
- Tamil - Barbie: ஸ்டார் லைட் அட்வஞ்சர்
- Hebrew - ברבי באור הכוכבים
Vietnamese - Barbie: Cuoc phieu luu ngoai khong gian
|Barbie: Star Light Adventure|
Quote: "You can be anything."
Media: Movie | Soundtrack
Events: Great Gala